SUV Dealership LaGrange
Are you looking to upgrade your car to fit the entire family? Or, is it a hassle to drive in your old sedan when it is snowing heavily outside? If you are on the market to cop your latest vehicle, an SUV is an excellent option.
SUVs are a popular car choice nowadays. Given its spacious interiors, stylish looks, and solid engine power, there is no doubt that SUVs are a staple in the American household. Spot used and brand new SUVs of your dreams at Auto Gallery Chevy Buick GMC in LaGrange.
What is an SUV?
A Sports Utility Vehicle or SUV is characterized by its large, rough-looking vehicle built for off-road driving. SUVs nowadays are manufactured on truck frames with a spacious interior, and wagon-like bodies with the cargo space behind the passenger space.
The Different Types of SUV Explained
2022 Chevrolet Equinox
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- 4-cylinder dual overhead cam design with Direct-Injection and Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
- 6-speed automatic transmission
2022 GMC Terrain
- Revised exterior styling
- New AT4 off-road trim level
- Base SL trim and 2.0-liter turbo engine discontinued
- Part of the second Terrain generation introduced for 2018
- Touchscreen interfaces are intuitive and easy to use
2023 Buick Encore GX
- ECOTEC 1.2L Turbo engine
- Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT)
- 9-speed automatic transmission
2023 Chevrolet Trailblazer
- Continuously Variable Automatic (CVT)
- 1.3L Inline-3 Gas Engine
- Front-Wheel Drive
2022 Buick Encore
- Max Payload Capacity of 1,018 lbs.
- 6-Speed Automatic W/Overdrive
- Double overhead cam (DOHC)
2022 Chevrolet Trax
- Transmission is a 6-speed automatic
- 6-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- A turbocharged 1.4-liter 4-cylinder engine
- Apple carplay/android auto smartphone Integration
2022 Chevrolet Traverse
- 9-speed shiftable automatic
- Four-wheel independent suspension, Front and rear stabilizer bar
- Blind spot and lane departure warnings accident avoidance system
- Double overhead cam (DOHC)
2022 Buick Enclave
- 3.6L V6 engine
- Electronically controlled transmission with overdrive and Driver Shift Control
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- EPA-estimated FWD 18 city/26 hwy/21 combined, AWD 17 city/25 hwy/20 combined.
2022 GMC Acadia
- GMC Pro Safety Plus
- StabiliTrak, electronic stability control system with traction control
- Active Torque Control AWD System
2022 Chevrolet Blazer
- 9-spd Driver Shift Control w/OD
- 228.0-hp, 2.0-liter, 4 Cylinder Engine (Gasoline Fuel)
- Front Wheel Drive
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 5.3-liter pushrod V8 which produces 355hp and 518 Nm of torque
- 3.0L Duramax® Turbo Diesel engine
- Dynamic Fuel Management Technology
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
- Automatic Emergency Braking
2022 Chevrolet Suburban
- 10-speed automatic transmission, 10-speed automatic transmission
- 3.0L Duramax® Turbo Diesel engine, 460 lb-ft of torque @ 1500 rpm
- 7 airbags (requires front bucket seats), Frontal airbags for driver and front outboard passenger
- 6.2L V8 engine, Dynamic Fuel Management technology
2022 GMC Yukon
- Optional 6.2-liter V8 makes robust power
- 6.2-liter V8 now available on AT4 trim level
- Enhanced Google-based voice controls for infotainment system
- Comfortable ride and quiet interior
- Climate control system is impressive
Reasons to buy an SUV
- An SUV’s interior can be roomy and can fit more people comfortably than other vehicles.
Large cargo space
- Its spacious interior comes with a large cargo space which is able to carry bulky items.
Power and Engine
- The power and engine of an SUV can determine how heavy it can carry. Depending on the size of SUV, SUVs can tow and haul items from as light as a bike to as heavy as a boat.
Safety and Reliability
- SUVs are built with sturdy frames for a higher standard of safety. With its tough shell, this kind of vehicle tends to be stronger and can withstand the test of time.
SUV Test-Drive Checklist: Things to Look For
If you will be upgrading your car into an SUV, it will feel a bit different if you are used to driving a sedan. Its obvious difference, the size, may make it hard for you at first. You should be able to adjust to it easily as soon as you warm the seat.
The elevated seat may be one of your reasons to buy an SUV. As you enjoy the view ahead, make sure you can see all around the vehicle.
When going SUV shopping, do not just get a feel of the driver’s seat. Take a tour of those rows, look for those warm spots and check out for things that can make your passengers comfortable in rear seats.
Your SUV may have a specific use for you. From small packages, to large camping equipment, SUVs have more storage room than you can imagine. Just fold and configure the seats, or store them in the underfloor storage.
Before purchasing your own SUV, consider where and how you park. Is your garage tall or wide enough? Take this into consideration before purchasing an SUV or before doing upgrades on your car.
What SUV Buyers Should Consider
Just like any other vehicle, your preferred seating capacity is something to consider before purchasing a vehicle. SUVs offer from 5 up to 8 seating capacity.
Cargo space makes or breaks your vehicle purchase. You need to know what you will be carrying in your SUV. It needs to be spacious enough to store your latest grocery purchase and large enough to fit the appliance you just bought for yourself.
2WD vs. AWD vs. 4WD
2WD vehicles are powered by only two wheels, either in the front or in the back, and are cheaper and more fuel efficient. While 4WD vehicles are powered by all four wheels. This obviously means that 4WD vehicles provide more power than 2WD cars. While an All-Wheel Drive vehicle gives power to every corner of the vehicle. It is capable of providing maximum traction on acceleration. It is absolutely magnificent in wet and slippery conditions. It is capable of providing power to a set of wheels, either the front or back so that when your car is slipping, power is moved to another axle, to try and get more traction from it.
Buying your SUV at Auto Gallery Chevy Buick GMC in LaGrange
There are a lot of car dealerships in the country. You will find your perfect match as soon as you visit Auto Gallery Chevy Buick GMC in LaGrange.
Auto Gallery Chevy Buick GMC in LaGrange has the most friendly staff that provides you with excellent customer service. They will help you figure out what vehicle and financing term best suits you. Their team ensures that they are with you every step of the way. On top of that, Auto Gallery Chevy Buick GMC in LaGrange has a wide selection of SUVs to choose from.
SUV vs Crossover
The Meaning of “SUV”
A SUV or a “Sport Utility Vehicle” is a car classification that combines elements of road-going passenger cars with features from off-road vehicles, such as raised ground clearance and four-wheel drive. There is no commonly agreed-upon definition of an SUV and usage of the term varies between countries. Thus, it is “a loose term that traditionally covers a broad range of vehicles with four-wheel drive
The Meaning of “Crossover”
A Crossover, also known as Crossover SUV, or Crossover Utility Vehicle (CUV) is a variety of automobile with expanded ride height that is built on unibody chassis construction shared with passenger cars, as opposed to traditional sport utility vehicles (SUV) which are built on a body-on-frame chassis construction similar to pickup trucks. A term that came from North America, the original term crossover was initially used for any vehicle that blends characteristics between two different kinds of vehicles.
Differences between AUV and SUV
AUV or Asian Utility Vehicles are cars considered to be simple transporters. The body design is close to that of the SUV’s but with smaller dimensions and simpler exterior design. In general, an SUV is defined by high ride height, a tall roof, elevated seating position, and cargo area open to the cabin. In terms of road functionality, Sports Utility Vehicles are superior compared to AUVs since SUVs are tailored to run on rough roads. AUVs are simply passenger vehicles – they are not designed for off-road routes.
Difference between MPV and SUV
MPV or Multi Purpose Vehicle refers to the versatile function it carries. This can be used for various needs or this car is more likely to be used as a family car. They are known to resemble a minivan. MPVs are more lightweight and compact, and typically have a low roof despite the varying number of seating capacity. While SUV is an acronym for Sport Utility Vehicle. In general, an SUV is defined by high ride height, a tall roof, elevated seating position, and cargo area open to the cabin. Comparing the two, MPVs are practical for daily driving in normal conditions. However, maneuvering on off-road adventures would prove quite challenging, SUVs are functionally for use on more extreme roads compared to MPV.
Choosing Between a New and a Used SUV
Used SUVs are a popular vehicle choice for a lot of people because of its affordability over its brand new counterparts. But, as with any used car, there are things you should be looking out for when trying to purchase a used SUV, including if you’re looking for particular features like having 4-wheel drive. Here are some key points to consider when you start looking for your next used SUV:
- 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive
- Obvious signs of wear and tear inside and outside of the car.
- Towing capabilities to meet your needs
- Tyres must be in good condition and correct specifications
- Updated documentation of the vehicle
Another thing to consider would be your budget of course. Only once you’ve determined your budget and the needs of your lifestyle can you start asking, “What is the best SUV for me?”
If you figured out the budget and went for a new SUV. A new SUV will cost more than a used one. It is preferable to a used model. The very latest SUVs benefit from improved safety features, greater fuel efficiency, and larger consumer choice including hybrids and full electric offerings. If we are going to talk about the maintenance, a used SUV is less expensive but rarely will it have any warranty and, depending on the age of the vehicle, will have maintenance costs associated with it, which could be a turning point for you.
Is a Crossover Different Than an SUV?
Yes, it could be confusing in terms of understanding the differences between the two. One of the main reasons is because, the two most common types of truck-based vehicles which are chosen and manufactured in greater amounts are SUV and crossover. But the main difference between an SUV and a crossover is that an SUV is heavier and has a truck chassis while a crossover is lighter and has a car platform. The design of the body of the SUV follows the body-on-frame concept while Crossover has a unibody construction.
4WD vs. AWD: What’s the Difference?
Four-wheel drive, or 4WD is meant for heavy duty hauling and other work activities, which is why you will typically find it on a truck. On the other hand the All-Wheel Drive, AWD, refers to a system where all four wheels can gain traction independently of each other. The difference between AWD and 4WD is that AWD is typically always on while you have the ability to switch between having 4WD on and off. 4WD is an addition you usually find on a truck, while AWD is more for cars and SUVs. Both AWD and 4WD provide for better handling, but you’ll probably want AWD if you ride on rough roads with nasty weather while 4WD is better for those who have heavy hauls on the jobsite.